Sunday, April 15, 2012

What was the most unusual thing you learned this term?

14. What was the most unusual thing you learned this term?


The most unusual thing I’ve learned in this term would have to be “The Myth of Eternal Recurrence.” I was just amazed and shocked at the very idea that life is recurring over and over again without any changes in it. The very fact that I would be living the same life exactly the way it was, all the pain, all the joy, I mean exactly the very same challenged me to think about how I lived my life so far. Some questions popped into my head, “Would I live my life a little differently if I knew? Would there be any differences in how I did things?” I continued to challenge myself with this abstract concept of life reoccurring over and over again. It was just so unusual because the world mostly believes in just one life, where there may be an afterlife beyond our death, etc. I just loved thinking about this and it was a very interesting and unusual concept for someone that never thought about life this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment